Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Values Week 11

I suppose individual self-fulfillment would be the the value I, for lack of a better term, value the most.  It is important to me, not only as a human being, or a citizen of the United States, but as a content creator; it is critical to be able to express myself to others through artistic media. For instance, I created a music video for one of my favorite songs and uploaded it to youtube. Now it may not be the best video, or even a good one, but it makes me incredibly happy to be able to have the option of doing this (of course I gave credit where it was due). That is why I have so much respect for content creators on youtube. So many unique voices and so many different subjects, topics, points of view, or even sides of stories are expressed upon in such an accessible medium. While I do not condone those who chose the latter option of copying others work, I acknowledge those among the community who pour their time and creativity in creating a video to share with the world; It serves an example that the ability to express yourself is not out of reach. After all, we are a social creature; we should be obligated to speak and express one-selves to further our connection, our commitments, our knowledge, and our voices.

This has always been a personal dream of mine, and I am so happy to be able to actually pursue it. I grew up watching movies and television and always thought to myself, "I'd love to do something along the lines of this." Not exactly that, but it had the same gist, with a little more of the line, "I wanna do this to become rich and famous." Thankfully I had a little slice of humble pie since then, but that same dream always lingered. As a freshman, I began with the idea of becoming a nurse. Quickly, I changed majors and found media production: which has been all that I ever wanted and even more!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClAdf0F-O03cG-SKU_L-KsA?view_as=subscriber This is my youtube. I have on it a PSA ad I did for TedX Charlottesville, my music video which is a tribute to Radiohead, and a faux professional interview I made on my friend Ryan Foster.

No comments:

Post a Comment